August 2007 - August 2008
Information Systems & Shared Services Co-op
Conducted full cost analysis, coded, and implemented 'Wiki' shared services web collaboration platform
Effectively deployed scalable architecture, which currently supports high user growth
Consolidated 3 different methods of communicating, storing, and creating documentation into 1 method
Enterprise Asset Management experience
Eliminated over $250,000 from Toyota financial property records
Level 2 support technician
Highest average problem ticket resolution rate per day – Co-op record for department
Received perfect scores on annual evaluation – first ever given in department
Green Planet Productions
June 2009 - June 2010
Lead Web Developer
Green Planet outsourced all their web needs before I started and it was my responsibility to consolidate and manage their web presence. My daily duties were developing new websites while maintaining their current websites. For some of the smaller websites, the team was myself and a web designer. For some bigger projects, I contracted and managed multiple developers.
I left this position after a year as my learning and exposure to new technologies/opportunities began to fall behind my ambitions.
June 2010 - August 2010
UX/UI Consultant (3 month contract)
Front-end developer for
(1 million monthly visitors)
Performed analysis via user metrics of a failing product re-design to determine UI/UX gaps
Leveraged user metric analysis to iterate on the UI to induce desired user activity
Created working prototypes for an incubator's emerging product concepts
(although it's changed since my original development)
I took this position to learn about how large websites that deal with millions of monthly visitors handle scaling and what their development process entails.
Towards the end of my three month contact, I came in contact with a start-up I had been following for quite some time. Despite being offered a new contract to stay with Global Notion, my dream had always been to be at the ground floor of a start-up and I left Los Angeles and moved to San Francisco to accept the new position at thredUP.
thredUPSeptember 2010 - Current
(1 year, 23 months)
Lead Ruby on Rails Engineer
- Engineering lead for all web-related projects
- I work with project stakeholders to determine scope, timing, and best use of engineering resources for each web project
- Responsible for all web project testing, collecting feedback and handling project deployments
- Lead for creating and maintaining all company metric dashboards
- Re-wrote our order form to integrate with Braintree Merchant Service's Ruby API
- Built a live 'In Search Of' feature utilizing ICanHaz.js, Mustache.js, and CoffeeScript which updated and performed all requests through AJAX to a MongoDB back-end
- Developed over one red bull fueled weekend during a 'hackathon' with my CTO
At thredUP, I work with agile development methodologies on a daily basis with SCRUM. We use AWS for server needs with Capistrano to manage deployment. GitHub hosts our code and Asana houses all our user stories. We also have a heavy emphasis on Test Driven Development (TDD) by means of RSpec and Cucumber.